Instrument Rental Nationwide Shipping
Rental Shipping Rates
For customers throughout the United States, Johnson String Instrument has made renting easy.
We ship nationwide via UPS ground.
All of our rental instruments are inspected and played by our quality assurance professional to ensure that your instrument arrives in excellent condition.
Instrument & Bow Rental Shipping Rates
|Instrument - Bow||Standard||2 Day Air||Next Day|
|All rates are to the Continental United States. Please contact us for other destinations. All orders within the Continental US are shipped UPS unless otherwise requested. Instruments usually are shipped within five business days during our busiest season in autumn, though we do our best to ship them sooner. Shipping rates do not include state sales tax for Connecticut and New York residents.|
|Violins & Violas||$15.00||$80.00||$125.00|
|Cellos: 1/10 - 1/8||$30.00||$160.00||$210.00|
|Cellos: 1/4 - 4/4||$45.00||$300.00||$430.00|
How do I return, pack, and ship my rental to you?
If you wish to return your rental instead of renewing, we will close your account once we receive the instrument. You can return a rental instrument in person to our Newton store, through a school trip, or by mail. For in store returns, stop by anytime during business hours. If you are planning to return an instrument to a school, please contact us and let us know ahead of time either by calling 1.800.359.9351 or emailing email@example.com. For instruments returned by mail, please follow the steps below.
Please Note: Basses cannot be shipped and must be returned to our Newton store.
Call our Customer Service Department
Call our Customer Service Department during business hours at 1.800.359.9351 to purchase a discounted UPS return label. The label will be emailed to you from UPS directly within 24 hours of your order, and must be used within 30 days.
|Cost of the return label|
|Violins and violas||$15|
|1/10-1/8 size cellos||$30|
|1/4 - 4/4 size cellos||$45|
Place a note
Place a note in the instrument case telling us who you are and why you are sending the instrument. Please include: Your name, address, and telephone number.
Pack the instrument and/or bow carefully
- Padding should be placed gently on both sides of the bridge, under the strings. This prevents damage to the top of the instrument in the event of a broken bridge during shipment.
- Padding should also be placed around the sides, so that the instrument does not shift inside its case while being handled.
- If you are sending a bow, be sure that the hair has been loosened, and secure it with the case’s bow holders.
- Packing material should be stuffed firmly around the case so that it does not shift inside the shipping box. Protect the case by adequately cushioning it on all sides.
- * If you are packing a cello, use our how-to guide on our blog.
If you have questions, call us!
We can help guide you through this process.