Johnson String Instrument is an equal opportunity employer.
- Co-Driver, Rental Delivery Department
- Customer Repair Luthier
- Part-Time Administrative Assistant/Receptionist
- Rental Workshop Luthier
Co-Driver, Rental Delivery Department
Part-time role starting at $15/hour. Get 15-20 hours in just one day!
Johnson String Instrument makes monthly service trips to NYC school programs in three boroughs.
Seeking candidates with clean driving records and experience driving cargo vans to accompany a full-time staff member on one-day round trips to and from New York City.
Responsibilities include sharing highway driving, navigating the city, and staying with the van if parking cannot be found. Drivers may be asked to answer co-worker's cell phone if necessary to comply with NY state driving laws; no other customer service elements included.
Must have clean driving record.
Must be comfortable driving in New York City and working long hours.
Must have reliable late night/early morning transportation to work in our Waltham location.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to Natalie Harrington, firstname.lastname@example.org
Customer Repair Luthier
Full-time luthier needed to join the workshop staff at Carriage House Violins. Carriage House Violins is the instrument and bow sales division of Johnson String Instrument located in Newton, Massachusetts. We are a large company with a high volume of clients of all levels.
Applicants should have a minimum of three years of experience working in a repair or restoration workshop.
Full-time: 40 hours per week, Tuesday-Saturday. This position offers a benefits package which includes health and dental insurance plans, 401K, paid time off, and vacation accruals.
One-week bench test is required.
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Submit your resume and cover letter or any questions to:
John Dailey, Workshop Manager
Part-Time Administrative Assistant/Receptionist
Carriage House Violins, the instrument sales division of Johnson String Instrument, has an immediate opening for a Part-Time Administrative Assistant/Receptionist.
- Greets customers and visitors to the Newton Upper Falls storefront, providing a friendly and helpful first point of contact for the company.
- Directs customers to appropriate departments within the Newton Upper Falls storefront and Carriage House Violins; acts as a liaison between customers and all departments of Johnson String Instrument.
- Organizes and prioritizes large volumes of phone calls and information.
- Maintains customer database and processes retail transactions using POS software especially developed for Johnson String Instrument.
- Appointment scheduling for the Sales Department and the CHV Workshop.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree strongly preferred
- Proficiency in violin, viola, cello, and/or double bass
- Outstanding customer service skills; minimum 6-12 months customer service/administrative experience preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task efficiently in a quick-paced environment
- Excellent organizational, problem solving and time management
- Proven ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
Starting Salary: $15 per hour, in addition to generous employee discounts on products and services.
Saturday availability may be required. Accessible by public transportation.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to:
Rental Workshop Luthier
Full-time luthier needed to join our Rental Workshop staff in Waltham, MA. Work will include set-up and maintenance of rental violins, violas, and cellos.
Repair, set-up or making experience with bowed string instruments strongly preferred. Quick and accurate work is needed, as we are a high-volume shop with high standards. Strong attention to detail and ability to focus amidst a busy shop are essential!
Full-time: 40 hours per week, Monday-Friday, daytime. This position offers a comprehensive benefits package which offers health and dental insurance, short term disability insurance, long term disability insurance, accident insurance, life insurance, flexible spending account, retirement savings with company match, paid time off, and vacation accruals.
Salary begins at $16/hr.
Great entry-level position with potential for growth!
Submit your resume and cover letter to: