Johnson String Instrument is an equal opportunity employer.
Co-Driver, Rental Delivery Department
Part-time role starting at $15/hour. Get 15-20 hours in just one day!
Johnson String Instrument makes monthly service trips to NYC school programs in three boroughs.
Seeking candidates with clean driving records and experience driving cargo vans to accompany a full-time staff member on one-day round trips to and from New York City.
Responsibilities include sharing highway driving, navigating the city, and staying with the van if parking cannot be found. Drivers may be asked to answer co-worker's cell phone if necessary to comply with NY state driving laws; no other customer service elements included.
Must have clean driving record.
Must be comfortable driving in New York City and working long hours.
Must have reliable late night/early morning transportation to work in our Waltham location.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to Natalie Harrington, email@example.comBack to top
Customer Repair Luthier
Full-time luthier needed to join the workshop staff at Carriage House Violins. Carriage House Violins is the instrument and bow sales division of Johnson String Instrument located in Newton, Massachusetts. We are a large company with a high volume of clients of all levels.
Applicants should have a minimum of three years of experience working in a repair or restoration workshop.
Full-time: 40 hours per week, Tuesday-Saturday. This position offers a benefits package which includes health and dental insurance plans, 401K, paid time off, and vacation accruals.
One-week bench test is required.
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Submit your resume and cover letter or any questions to:
John Dailey, Workshop Manager
Full-Time Administrative Assistant
Carriage House Violins of Johnson String Instrument is hiring a Full-Time Administrative Assistant!
Are you a detail-oriented individual with excellent people skills that would thrive in a group of dedicated musicians? Are you a motivated self-starter with effective time management skills? CHV wants you to join our team!
Recognized for our commitment to personal service, Johnson String Instrument is dedicated to bringing the empowerment and pleasure of music to all. Carriage House Violins, the instrument sales division of JSI, offers every serious stringed instrument player a lifetime of opportunity, convenience, service, and support. As an Administrative Assistant in our Office team, you will assist in our daily office operations, supporting the Sales and Workshop teams in our commitment to world-class service and quality.
- Greets customers and visitors to the Newton Upper Falls storefront, providing a friendly and helpful first point of contact for the company.
- Directs customers to appropriate departments within the Newton Upper Falls storefront and Carriage House Violins; acts as a liaison between customers and all departments of Johnson String Instrument.
- Organizes and prioritizes large volumes of phone calls and information; the CHV Office is responsible for collecting detailed information from all sales clients by phone, in-store, and email.
- Maintains customer database using software especially developed for Johnson String Instrument.
- Process retail transactions through the use of a POS system using software especially developed for Johnson String Instrument.
- Appointment scheduling for the Sales Department and the CHV Workshop.
- Paperwork and payment processing for the CHV Workshop.
Full-time: 40hrs/wk, Saturdays required. Applicants should be prepared to have availability for all business hours, which includes Wednesday evenings. This position offers a comprehensive benefits package, which includes health and dental insurance plans, 401k retirement savings with company match, paid time off, and vacation accruals.
- Outstanding customer service skills; minimum 6-12 months customer service/administrative experience preferred
- Professional demeanor
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multitask effectively on time-sensitive projects
- Excellent organizational, problem solving and time management
- Proven ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Friendly, outgoing personality; enjoys helping others
- Proficiency in violin, viola, cello, and/or double bass
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Self-motivated; thrive in a fast-paced work environment
To apply, please email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.orgBack to top