- Part-Time Administrative Assistant/Receptionist
- Rental Workshop Luthier
- Seasonal Rental Delivery Assistant - Fall 2018
Part-Time Administrative Assistant/Receptionist
Carriage House Violins, the instrument sales division of Johnson String Instrument, has an immediate opening for a Part-Time Administrative Assistant/Receptionist.
- Greets customers and visitors to the Newton Upper Falls storefront, providing a friendly and helpful first point of contact for the company.
- Directs customers to appropriate departments within the Newton Upper Falls storefront and Carriage House Violins; acts as a liaison between customers and all departments of Johnson String Instrument.
- Organizes and prioritizes large volumes of phone calls and information.
- Maintains customer database and processes retail transactions using POS software especially developed for Johnson String Instrument.
- Appointment scheduling for the Sales Department and the CHV Workshop.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree strongly preferred
- Proficiency in violin, viola, cello, and/or double bass
- Outstanding customer service skills; minimum 6-12 months customer service/administrative experience preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multitask efficiently in a quick-paced environment
- Excellent organizational, problem solving and time management
- Proven ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
Starting Salary: $15 per hour, in addition to generous employee discounts on products and services.
Saturday availability may be required. Accessible by public transportation.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to:
Rental Workshop Luthier
Full time luthier needed to join our rental repair workshop staff in Waltham, MA. Work will include set-up and maintenance of rental violins, violas, and cellos.
Repair, set-up or making experience with bowed string instruments preferred; other job experience requiring woodworking skills or fine detail orientation may be considered. Quick and accurate work is expected, as we are a high-volume shop with high standards. Tremendous attention to detail and ability to focus amidst a busy shop are essential!
Full-time: 40 hours per week, Monday-Friday. This position offers a comprehensive benefits package, which includes health and dental insurance plans, retirement savings with company match, paid time off, and vacation accruals.
Submit your resume and cover letter to:
Seasonal Rental Delivery Assistant - Fall 2018
Seasonal role starting fall 2018: Work the hours you can! $$ bonus offered if you complete at least 100 hours with satisfactory performance between 8/25 and 10/5/18!
Johnson String Instrument’s Rental Delivery Department brings the personal experience of visiting our storefront to the customer! Rental Delivery Assistants join full-time JSI staff visiting schools to meet with families, size players for instruments, and walk customers through the rental process. Assistants are tasked with providing a superior customer service experience to all, and are also responsible for helping to load instruments in and out of the van and recording transactions accurately and thoroughly.
- Professional demeanor
- Availability to work weekday afternoons and evenings
- Access to a reliable vehicle: must have transportation to events at schools
- Ability to pass a CORI check: will be working with both adult and child customers
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds, stand for up to 4 hours, and bend to access items
Natalie Harrington: email@example.comBack to top
We are always looking!
Johnson String Instrument is looking for experienced repair and restoration professionals for part time set-up and minor repair work. We are interested in qualified people from anywhere in the United States. If you have these skills and would like more information please contact us.
Send resumes to Maureen Wall.
1029 Chestnut Street
Newton Upper Falls, MA 02464
Fax: 617. 527. 2684