La Scala cello
La Scala is made from exquisite German tonewoods and expertly handcrafted by skilled luthiers. Tops and backs are carefully calibrated for optimal tonal response. Each piece is completed with hand rubbed spirit varnish from a traditional recipe adding a distinctive tonal quality and appearance. The result is an instrument truly worthy of the emerging artist or professional.
- Well seasoned, expertly calibrated German spruce top
- Beautifully flamed, aged German maple back, sides and scroll
- Hand applied antique style multi-layer spirit varnish
- Ebony fingerboard, boxwood pegs and Wittner tailpiece
- Stradivari pattern
- Cello available in 4/4 size
For every La Scala instrument purchased, a comparable instrument will be donated through the Johnson String Project.