Violin Bows From The Estate Of Roman Totenberg
JSI is pleased to have been chosen to represent for sale a collection of violin bows owned by violin virtuoso and pedagogue Roman Totenberg (1911-2012).
Please contact us for more information.
Mr. Totenberg was a constant and inspiring presence in classical music over the last century, having worked closely with composers such as Samuel Barber, Igor Stravinsky, Aaron Copland, Paul Hindemith, and Darius Milhaud, and musicians and conductors including Fritz Kreisler, Artur Rubinstein, Leopold Stokowski, and Pierre Monteux.
He was a dedicated and beloved teacher at Boston University, where he nurtured his violin students into successful careers as performers and teachers. His students hold positions in prominent symphony orchestras, including the Boston Symphony Orchestra, Boston Pops Esplanade Orchestra, the Philadelphia Orchestra, the New York Philharmonic, and many others worldwide.With a Home Trial you can try out this bow in the comfort of your home!
With a Home Trial you can try out this bow in the comfort of your home!
- Any instrument or bow (with the exception of electric instruments, fretted instruments and "student bows") purchased at Johnson's, whether online or in our shop, comes with the same guarantees and trade-up policies.
- Any returns made within 14 days of purchase will be honored with a full refund.
- Returns must be in original condition.
- Read all about our trade-in policy.
- If you would like to try instruments or bows in one of our sales showrooms, please contact our sales staff to schedule an appointment.
- To schedule an appointment or for more information, please contact our Sales Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 617-262-0051. Please follow the prompts for instrument and bow sales.