Aaron Rosand: The Teacher is a one-on-one violin tutorial DVD which includes musical illustrations as well as episodes from Professor Rosand's master classes. The DVD also includes an interview with Ray Chen, winner of the 2009 Queen Elisabeth International Violin Competition and student of Aaron Rosand, as well as a performance of Wieniawski's "Introduction and Variations" by Mr. Chen.
- 1. How to hold the violin properly and stance
- 2. Bowing technique
- 3. Tone and Gliding technique
- 4. Vibrato
- 5. Fingering
- 6. Memorization
- 7. The relevance of manuscripts
- 8. Performing with an understanding of the life and mind of the composer
- 9. Practicing
- 10. Playing with "personality"
- 11. Understanding "The Grand Tradition"
Out of Stock