The NS Design CR-4 Electric 4-String 4/4 Violin has a remarkable tonal range due to its innovative Polar pickup system, which is able to selectively capture the string vibration favored for both bow and pizzicato technique with stunning brilliance and sensitivity. The violinist who prefers the elegant tone of a fine acoustic will not be disappointed, and for those who wish to explore new sonic territory, the sky is the limit. Direct amplification and recording capabilities allow the violinist to experience something totally new, yet savor something very special... the timeless magic of the violin.
Solid Maple Body and Neck: The NS Violin is crafted of solid maple, with an elegant flame maple face. This lightweight solid-body design transfers the full spectrum of sound to the pickup without feedback, and is very stable even with changes in temperature and humidity. The ergonomic shoulder and chin rest provide comfortable, stable support, and a removable treble side bout is included for left hand position reference.
Polar Pickups: The NS Violin features the Polar bridge-mounted piezo pickup system. The Polar pickups can sense either vertical or lateral string vibration. Set in the vertical mode, plucked notes are remarkably even and sustained. In the lateral mode, the pickup has unparalleled sensitivity in the direction of the bow, with more attack when plucked.
Active Electronics: The dual mode preamp allows the player to choose between two very distinct tone qualities. The first mode delivers the full frequency response of modern low impedance electronics, for a rich, full-blown "electric" sound. The second is balanced to produce the frequency response of the traditional violin, for a more "acoustic" sound. A threeway toggle switch allows the player to select the desired pickup and electronics options.
- Length: 540mm (21.25 in)
- Width: 110mm (4 5/16 in)
- Thickness: 65mm (2 9/16 in)
- Weight: 720 grams (25.5 oz)
- Scale Length: 330mm (13 in)
- Construction: Solid European maple body and neck, with flame maple face.
- Finish: Traditional amber (light maple) stain with polymer top coat.
- Body Reference Bout: Black-dyed maple bout on treble side provides standard violin reference. Easily removable for unrestricted neck access.
- Fingerboard: Hand-graduated ebony.
- Bridge: Black-dyed maple, height adjustable via screws on back of body.
- Strings: D'Addario Helicore strings are provided. Compatible with standard violin strings.
- Precision Tuning Hardware: 40:1 fine tuners are mounted on the body behind the bridge for precise, stable tuning. Automatic string clamping allows for quick, easy string changes.
- Pickup: Polar directional piezo pickup system
- Active Electronics: Dual mode preamp; three-way toggle switch allows the player to select the desired pickup and electronics options.
- Controls: Volume - Treble EQ - Bass EQ
- Chin and Shoulder Rests: Ergonomically designed to support the instrument securely without the left hand. The padded shoulder rest is fully adjustable for height and angle. Knobs are located within easy reach of the right hand so adjustments can be made with the instrument in playing position.
- Case: Fabric covered hard foam core; padded, form fitting interior. Holds 2 bows, shoulder rest, output cable, and extra gear, with lock and key.