A perfect blend of quality, durability, and beautiful sound, the Glasser Carbon Composite AE 4 String Violin is a great option, both for violinists looking to move into electric violins, and for players who are looking for a solid instrument that performs well in the toughest circumstances. Made from state-of-the-art carbon fiber and other composite materials, this instrument is solidly constructed to withstand temperature and humidity changes with ease, and also offers great tuning stability. The AE violin has a clear and resonant acoustic tone. The active piezo pickup in the bridge and preamp, developed in partnership with Bartolini Electronics, offer amplification and control of that acoustic sound in settings where the player needs more output.
These AE instruments are outfitted with Planetary geared tuning pegs, which offer worry-free precision tuning, as well as a Glasser composite tailpiece with fine tuners. This precision tuning, with the composite body on the instrument make the hassle of tuning the instrument anything but. The instrument's traditional shape also allows use of traditional violin shoulder rests. All Glasser instruments come with a limited lifetime warranty and are eligible for service or upgrade through Glasser's Reconditioning Program. The Glasser Carbon Composite AE Violin is a fabulous sounding instrument with a striking look, designed for the player looking for a quality instrument useful in acoustic and electric settings.
- Body: Carbon composite
- Weight: 580g
- Bridge: Standard birch bridge with internal Bartolini piezo pickup
- Strings: Larsen (can be used with any strings)
- Pegs: Planetary Perfection geared tuning pegs
- Tailpiece: Glasser composite tailpiece (4 fine tuners)
- Pickup: Bartolini piezo pickup
- Electronics: Bartolini active preamp located in Glasser Swordtail chinrest
- Output: 1/4'' amp output located on chinrest
- Chinrest: Glasser Swordtail composite chinrest
- Power supply: For electric use, requires 2 AAA batteries (included)