One of the last bowmakers of the W.E. Hill & Sons firm, Garner 'Tug' Wilson (1944-2013) grew up in Ealing and joined the company in 1960. His arrival coincided with the retirement of Albert Phillips Hill and subsequent changes in management of the bow shop. He had his initial training with Arthur Bultitude and Bill Watson; when they left, he continued his training with Malcolm Taylor and benefited from the frequent advice of William Retford. Wilson only remained at Hills for a short time after the end of his apprenticeship; he left in 1966 to set up independently in nearby Greenford, before moving again to Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk, in 1969. His business prospered, and he took on new apprentices from 1982. In 1989 Wilson moved to Scotland, settling in Dingwall, Ross-shire, where he remained an active bow maker until his untimely death in 2013. His bows for Hills are marked with the number 12, and the bows of his independent period are branded "Garner Wilson".