Born into the Knorr family of luthiers in Markneukirchen, Germany, Paul Knorr (1882 - 1977) studied at the workshop of Max Dölling. After working in Breslau and Berlin, he returned to Markneukirchen in 1918 to work for the instrument factory of F. & R. Enders, before establishing his own workshop in 1923. Knorr was among the most distinguished commercial violin makers in the early 20th century to specialize in the "Art Violin," a higher quality line of instruments produced to be sold directly to musicians rather than wholesalers. Highly prolific over his long career, Knorr followed patterns of Cremonese masters for his instruments.
Sold with a certificate of authenticity from Pierre Gerber