Begun in 1880 by William Ebsworth Hill, the London-based company of W. E. Hill & Sons grew to become one of the most important in violin making history for over 100 years. As leading experts on historic Cremonese instruments, W. E. and his four sons handled the restoration and sales of the world's finest instruments, including those of Stradivari and Guarneri. The Hill workshop employed numerous instrument makers, labeling the instruments with their own company labels.
W. E. Hill and Sons no. 37, London 1892 356 mm 4/4