In 1890, Milhály Reményi (1867-1939) opened a small violin shop in Budapest that soon became Hungary's largest, and served the Royal Court. Besides building the country's finest violins, Remenyi is also known for producing the first instruments used for Zoltan Kodaly's famous teaching method. After the communist regime confiscated the business in 1951, Reményi's son Zoltan moved it to Toronto, Canada, where it continues to thrive today. The tone of this violin is warm and colorful, with a quick and even response.
Milhaly Remenyi no. 219, Budapest 1908 Golden orange varnish. 355mm 4/4
In StockOn Sale