Ole H. Bryant was born in Lowell, MA in 1873 and died in Boston in 1943. He was one of the finest American makers and most influential teachers. He studied under his father, Charles Bryant, then partnered with his uncle E. F. Bryant while employed at Elias Howe & Co. He also worked at Oliver Ditson & Co. on Tremont Street. In 1910, he opened his own violin shop and violin making school at a prime location: 250 Huntington Avenue in Boston, directly across from Boston's Symphony Hall. Sometimes referred to as the American Vuillaume, Bryant made copies of the famous Cremonas, having a plentiful supply of the finest instruments to study as the BSO's principal repairer.
Ole H. Bryant no. 156, Boston 1929 Shaded red-brown varnish. 355mm. 4/4
Call For Price