Of all the guitars in the Master Series, the Rodriguez is the most powerful across all registers. Notably "Spanish" in sound, the tone is warm, lush, and round, with bouncing basses and fat, singing trebles. It offers an instant responsiveness and a big, explosive attack at the beginning of every note.
Cordoba's Rodriguez is built with a solid Canadian cedar top and solid Indian rosewood back and sides. It features a Spanish cedar neck and African ebony fingerboard, and Rodriguez's 5-fan bracing pattern with a transverse brace. Cordoba added a few modern refinements, such as a truss rod, geared tuning machines, durable finish, and non-gut strings.
The result is an instrument that exemplifies the authentic Rodriguez design, voicing, and feel, and captures a rare piece of guitar making history. This guitar is handmade in the USA.
- Top: Solid Canadian red cedar
- Back & Sides: Solid Indian rosewood
- Binding/Bridge: Indian rosewood bridge, Indian rosewood binding
- Purfling/Inlay: 6 ply top purfling (maple/ebony/maple/ebony/maple/ebony), 3 ply back & sides purfling (maple/ebony/maple)
- Rosette: All natural mosaic marquetry
- Finish: High gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck/Fingerboard: Spanish cedar neck (Traditional/Classical Profile) / Ebony fingerboard
- Truss Rod: Two-way adjustable, 4 mm
- Scale Length: 650mm (25.6in)
- Nut Width: 52mm (2.04in)
- String Spacing at Saddle: 59mm
- Fret Marker Inlays: 5, 7
- Nut/Saddle: Bone nut & saddle
- Number of Frets: 12 to body, 19 total
- Bracing/Build: 1977 Rodriguez 5 Fan Bracing with Transverse Brace
- Body Width & Length: 281mm (11in) upper bout width / 370mm (14.5in) lower bout width / 495mm (19 1/2in) body length
- Overall Length: 1004mm (39 1/2in)
- Body Depth: 94mm (3 11/16in) upper bout depth / 97mm (3 13/16in) lower bout depth
- Tuning Machines: Cordoba Master Series Tuning Machines - Ivoroid
- Strings: 500CJ Savarez
- Case: Hardshell Cordoba Humidified Archtop Case
Due to CITES regulations and/or manufacturer rules, we are not permitted to ship this product internationally.