Cordoba Master Series Hauser Classical Guitar
The Hauser sound is famous for its perfect balance and clean separation of voices. Overtones are very controlled and resulting sound is incredibly pure, with a very focused fundamental at the core of every note. Because of this very pure and direct sound, adding color and nuance of sound is up to the player moving the right hand over the soundhole yields a very liquidy and velvety quality of tone, while moving towards the bridge achieves a brighter, almost brassy sound. This style of guitar appeals to the player wanting maximum control over their own dynamic and modulation (tone color) choices. Cordobas Hauser is built with a solid Englemann spruce top and solid Indian rosewood back and sides. It features a Spanish cedar neck topped with an African ebony fingerboard.A few modern refinements such as a truss rod, geared tuning machines, durable nitrocellulose finish, and non-gut strings were added to improve on what was not available in the 1930s but are essential today. The result is an instrument that exemplifies the authentic Hauser design, voicing, and feel, and captures a rare piece of guitar making history.
This guitar is handmade in the USA.
- Top: Solid Englemann spruce
- Back & Sides: Solid Indian rosewood
- Binding/Bridge: Indian rosewood binding/ Indian rosewood bridge
- Purfling/Inlay: 8 ply maple & ebony top purfling, 3 ply maple & green back and sides purfling, 11 ply center backstrip
- Rosette: All natural mosaic & rope design marquetry
- Finish: High Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck/Fingerboard: Spanish cedar neck (traditional/classical profile)/Ebony fingerboard
- Truss Rod: Two-way adjustable, 4mm
- Scale Length: 650mm (25.6 in)
- Nut Width: 52mm (2.04 in)
- String Spacing at Saddle: 59mm
- Fret Marker Inlays: 5, 7
- Nut/Saddle: Bone nut and saddle
- Bracing/Build: 1937 Hauser 7 fan bracing
- Body Width & Length: 277mm (10 7/8 in) upper bout width/ 368mm (14 1/2 in) lower bout width/ 487mm (19 1/8 in) body length
- Overall Length: 993mm (39 1/8 in)
- Body Depth: 95mm (33/4 in) upper bout depth/ 99mm (3 7/8 in) lower bout depth
- Tuning Machines: Cordoba Master Series Tuning Machines- Ebony Buttons
- Strings: Savarez 500CJ
- Case: Hardshell Cordoba humidified archtop case
Due to CITES regulations and/or manufacturer rules, we are not permitted to ship this product internationally.