Introducing the groundbreaking Guilele from Cordoba! A crossover instrument with the size, sound, and feel of a tenor ukulele but with six strings, tuned just like a guitar, only higher (*see below). This small six string is light, portable and a great travel option for guitarists on the go. It's also a fantastic instrument for the ukulele player looking to explore the guitar, or for the adventurous guitarist searching for new sonic territory.
The Guilele is built with a solid spruce top, mahogany back and sides, a rosewood fingerboard, and a natural satin finish.
*The Cordoba Guilele is designed to be tuned up a 4th from standard guitar tuning (same as a guitar with a capo at the 5th fret - A D G C E A - low to high), in the register of a traditional ukulele. Because the scale length of the Guilele is so much shorter than a guitar, standard E guitar tuning is not possible on this particular instrument, even with an alternate set of strings.
Top: Solid Spruce Top
- Back & Sides: Mahogany
- Binding/Bridge: Black ABS binding / Rosewood Bridge
- Rosette: All Natural Wood Braided Inlay
- Finish: Satin (Matte) Finish, Natural Color
- Neck/Fingerboard: Rosewood Fingerboard
- Scale Length: 435mm (17.125 in)
- Nut Width: 46mm (1.8 in)
- String Spacing At Saddle: 50mm
- Fret Marker Inlays: Markers On The 5,7,10,12
- Nut/Saddle: Composite
- Number Of Frets: 12 To Body, 17 Total
- Body Width & Length: 226mm Width At Lower Bout / 170mm At Upper Bout / 28 inches In Total Length
- Overall Length: 27.25 in
- Body Depth: 70mm At Upper And Lower Bout
- Tuning Machines: Chrome Tuning Machines
- Strings: Aquila Nylgut Guilele Strings