The NXTa Electric Violin Series, with the new active output electronics, embodies physical elegance, tremendous ease of play, and amazing tone. Crafted to exacting standards in the Czech Republic, this series sets a high standard for performance and versatility in any setting.
Good ergonomics, including light weight, are critical performance factors for any electric violin. With their familiar left hand landmarks, including the removable reference bout, NXTa series instruments are remarkably easy to play. They set the pace as some of the lightest electrics on the market.
- Using set screws, the rock-maple bridge can be readily adjusted to the desired action heighthigh and powerful, low and fast, or anywhere in between.
- A contoured ebony chin rest is standard.
- The standard Custom Shoulder Rest is highly adjustable, and whose base can be readily formed to fit the chest and shoulder perfectly. The NXTa also accepts NS Design's revolutionary Balanced Shoulder Rest, which secures it effortlessly in optimal playing position.
- The patented tuning system built into the bottom of the body allows quick, easy and precise adjustment, exceptional pitch stability, and easy string changes.
- At the heart of the NXTa is the Polar Pickup System, whose piezo components convert string vibration directly to signal output. This provides a balanced, tonally rich output, offering a wide range of expressive opportunities. Arco and Pizzicato have significantly different vibration characteristics, and the Polar Pickup faithfully captures both.
- Dual Mode Output - The new dual mode signal output electronics of the NXTa takes the convenience, versatility and performance capability of the NXT to another level.
- Active Mode - Using the supplied charger, connect the NXTa to any AC outlet for 60 seconds. This will fuel the capacitor-powered active circuit for 16 hours from the time of the charge. The instrument can then be plugged straight into any low or high impedance device, no direct box necessary. Since there is no signal loss over the full frequency spectrum of the instrument, the fundamentals of every note remain clear and strong, even with extra-long cables.
- Passive Mode - The NXTa can be played in this mode with an amplifier with an impedance of 1 meg ohm or greater (3-10 meg ohm recommended) or with a direct box. (This mode provides performance capabilities identical to the original NXT.)
- Eco-Friendly Operation - NXTa instruments are battery-free, eliminating the hassle and cost of batteries while helping protect our environment.
- LENGTH: 540 MM (21.25")
- WIDTH: 110 MM (4 5/16")
- THICKNESS: 65 MM (2 9/16")
- WEIGHT: 4 string: 585g
- SCALE LENGTH: 330 MM (13")
- BODY/NECK: Solid, straight grain maple, with flame maple face (Sunburst model) on body.
- BODY REFERENCE BOUT: Black-dyed maple bout on treble side provides standard violin reference. Easily removable for unrestricted neck access.
- FINGERBOARD: Hand-graduated, asymmetric relief. NXTa violins are also available with fretted fingerboards.
- BRIDGE: Black-dyed maple, height adjustable via screws on back of body.
- STRINGS: NS Electric Strings are standard. Compatible with solid and stranded core violin strings. Synthetic core strings are not recommended.
- PRECISION TUNING HARDWARE: Fine tuners are mounted on the body behind the bridge for precise, stable tuning. Automatic string clamping allows for quick, easy string changes.
- PICKUP: The Polar directional piezo pickup system responds selectively to either lateral string vibration (for dynamic bowing) or vertical string vibration (for remarkably even and sustained plucked/pizzicato sound, like a mandolin). A switch allows the player to choose the desired response.
- ELECTRONICS & CONTROLS: Rotary volume control, with push-pull selection between Active and Passive output mode; Tone control (treble roll off); Arco/Pizzicato toggle switch.
- NS VIOLIN CASE: Customized for the NS Violin, this standard hardshell case with handle and shoulder strap includes separate compartments for shoulder rest, charger and accessories, a bow compartment and exterior zipper pouch. Made with durable Cordura® fabric, 3.2 kg (7 lb) loaded weight.