Yamaha SVC-210SK Studio Acoustic-body Compact Cello, Brown
The Yamaha SVC-210SK Silent Electric Acoustic-Body Cello features a unique resonating chamber, producing the most realistic acoustic-like tones and resonating sound. It is easy to transport because of foldable knee supports. The knee supports remain attached when you fold it making one less part to remove and forget to pack. The sound is bright but still is very warm and natural. The SVC-210's tone is indeed close to a full-bodied acoustic tone when played through a properly matched amplifier. The body preserves all the contact points of a normal cello - especially the heel of the neck, which is an important reference point for shifting to the higher positions.
Full, Rich Tone Enhanced With Spacious Reverb: Tone is what makes an instrument special. The SVC-210 possesses a warm, full-bodied tone with the natural characteristics and nuances found in any acoustic cello. What's unique is its ability to place that sound in the rich acoustic environment of concert halls, without any external processing equipment. A specially designed chip by Yamaha digitally enhances the SVC-210's sound with reverb. Simply select from the Large Hall, Medium Hall or Room settings to hear yourself in different virtual performance environments.
Practice With CD's, Connect To A PA: In addition to the cello's reverb section, the instrument is also equipped with Auxiliary In, Line Out, and Headphone Jacks. Connect a compact disc player, mini disc player, or cassette deck to the input jack and play along with your favorite recordings. This is an extremely useful feature when practicing. With the output jack connected to a P.A. or external audio system you can perform live.
Fast and Easy Setup: The SVC-210 is fast to setup and easy to transport because of foldable knee supports. The knee supports remain attached when you fold it making one less part to remove and forget to pack.
- Size: 4/4
- Neck: Maple
- Body: Spruce/Maple
- Knee Supports: Beech (Detachable)
- Finger Board: Ebony
- Tuning Pegs: Worm Gear Type
- Bridge: Maple (Aubert)
- Tailpiece: Wittner
- Knee Support: Beech
- Strings: D'Addario Helicore
- Fine Tuner: 4 (for each string)
- Sensor: Piezo Pickup
- Electric Controls: Master Volume - Reverb Switch(Room/Hall1/Hall2)
- In/Out Jacks: Headphone Out - Line Out - Aux-In
- Power Supply: AA size 1.5V battery × 2 or optional AC adapter
- Battery Life: Manganese-approx. 3-10 hours or Alkaline-approx. 9-25 hours
- Weight: 3.5 kg (7 lbs. 11 oz.)
- Standard Accessories: Protective Gig Bag - Stereo Headphones - Audio Cable - Chest Support - AA size 1.5V batteries 2pcs