NS Design NXT4a Omni Bass, Sunburst
The NXTa Active Series Omni Bass, with the familiar 34 inch bass guitar scale, is designed for the bass guitarist interested in adding the character and expressiveness of an acoustic upright bass, or the NS electric upright, to their performance palette. These well-priced instruments are produced in the Czech Republic with the same meticulous care as NS Design's renowned CR Series Omni Bass.
- The Polar Bridge Pickup System combines great sound with directional sensitivity, for a rich and expressive response to Arco and Pizzicato technique. The Omni Bass responds to the bow with a natural and expressive voice, combining powerful bass resonance with brilliant harmonics. The strings are easily driven, making it possible for bassists with little bowing experience to add this beautiful dimension to their music.
- Dual Mode Output - The new dual mode signal output electronics of the NXTa take the convenience, versatility and performance capability of the NXT to another level.
- Active Mode - Using the supplied charger, the NXTa connects into any AC outlet for 60 seconds, powering the capacitor-powered active circuit for up to 16 hours of performance time. The instrument can then be plugged straight into any low or high impedance device, no direct box necessary. Since there is no signal loss over the full frequency spectrum of the instrument, the fundamentals of every note remain clear and strong, even with extra-long cables.
- Passive Mode - The NXTa can be played in this mode when using a direct box or an amplifier with high impedance input. (This mode provides performance capabilities identical to the original NXT.)
- Eco-Friendly Operation - NXTa instruments are battery-free, eliminating the hassle and cost of batteries while helping protect our environment.
The fingerboard also features the TransRadius profile. For a left-hand feel which is familiar to the experienced bass guitarist, the radius at the nut is 9-1/4 inches. At the end of the fingerboard near the bridge, however, the radius is just 2 inches, large enough to maintain good string-to-string articulation with the bow, yet still comfortable for pizzicato (plucked/picked) style. The asymmetrical fingerboard relief facilitates an even 'growl' from the higher strings and a clear, powerful lower register.
The solid maple body and neck, together with the graduated fingerboard, deliver a rich, full tone that rings true for every note. The adjustable bridge and truss rod allow for low, fast action, or for higher string settings that encourage the traditional acoustic player to 'dig in' with gusto. NS Electric Omni Bass Strings and standard bass guitar strings fit the Omni Bass, adding unlimited set up options for musicians who want to explore and create their own unique sound.
- GIG BAG: A padded gig bag is included as a standard accessory. It has a stand compartment, bow compartment, charger and accessory pocket, handle and adjustable strap.