NS Design CR-4M Electric 4-String Bass Magnetic Pickup
The NS Design CR-4M Electric 4-String 3/4 Bass with Magnetic Pickup and Light Maple Finish, with its exceptional versatility and tone quality, is fast becoming an indispensable tool for the serious bassist. The lean, solid-body CR Series bass takes its place in a long history of fine instruments crafted in the Czech Republic. The CR 4M Series is made from select maple and ebony. The full scale fingerboard is graduated for consistent response from note to note, with adjustable relief and bridge height to suit all playing styles. Our Polarï¿½ bridge pickup system combines great sound with directional sensitivity, for a rich and expressive response to pizzicato and arco technique. The EMG magnetic pickups expand the range to include classic electric bass sounds. According to Bass Player magazine, the Czech made CR 4M Series "boasts impeccable craftsmanship from a country with a reputation for quality upright bass building. It's clean aesthetics, excellent playability, and great sound put it ahead of the pack."
Solid Maple Body & Neck: The body and neck of the CR Series Double Bass are crafted of solid European hard maple, with a flame maple face. The neck has a traditional upright shape, but with extended access to the upper register of the fingerboard. The solid-body body design enhances sustain and clarity, and is resistant to the effects of temperature change and humidity.
Ebony Fingerboard: The seasoned ebony fingerboard is hand graduated to insure that each note is even and buzz free. An adjustable truss rod allows for precise relief adjustment for different strings and playing style. Small dots across the neck provide accurate position markers.
Polar Bridge Pickup System: The Polar pickups can sense either lateral or vertical string vibration - or both! Set in the lateral mode, the pickup has unparalleled sensitivity in the direction of the bow. In the vertical mode, plucked notes are remarkably even and sustained.
EMG Magnetic Pickups: The low-impedance EMG pickups incorporate individually adjustable coils and neodymium magnets. Each coil is buffered separately for a full sound quality with very low noise.
Active EQ and Mixer: Controls include volume, a blend control for magnetic and piezo pickups, a toggle switch to select the mode of the Polar pickup, and individual bass EQ & treble EQ controls. The 18 volt power supply insures plenty of reserve overhead for full dynamics.
Adjustable Bridge: Two screws in the back of the body are used to adjust the bridge up and down. This allows the instrument to be set up to meet the requirements of many different playing styles.
Tripod Stand: Supplied as standard equipment, the Tripod Stand provides stable support, with full height and tilt adjustment. The stand folds down to fit in the gig bag.
Portability: The padded tubular gig bag is only 137 cm (54") long and 18 cm (7") in diameter, and weighs 8.2 kg (18 lbs) with the instrument and stand. A storage area inside the gig bag has room for accessories. The loaded gig bag will fit in the overhead compartment of most commercial aircraft.
- Length: 132 cm (52")
- Weight: 4.8 kg (10.5 lbs.)
- Scale Length: 106 cm (41.73")
- Strings: The CR 4M is compatible with most standard upright bass strings. D'Addario stainless steel flatwound strings are standard equiptment.
- Construction: Solid rock maple neck and body, flame maple face
- Finish: Traditional amber stain with clear semi-gloss polymer coating.
- Fingerboard: Macassar Ebony; 43.1mm (1.7") wide at nut; 89.0mm (3.5") max. width.
- Bridge: Black phenolic; radius 7.9cm (3.1") string spacing 81mm (3.19").
- Nut: Macassar Ebony; radius 7.9cm (3.1"); string spacing 30mm (1.19").
- Bridge Pickup: The Polarï¿½ directional piezo pick-up system responds selectively to either vertical vibration (for the sustained plucked sound, like an electric bass guitar), or lateral vibration (for dynamic bowing, and a percussive plucked sound).
- Magnetic Pickup: Low impedance EMGï¿½ magnetic pick-up system, with individually adjustable coils, and low-noise, hum-canceling pre-amp.
- Electronics: 18 volt active circuit by HAZ Laboratories. Mono output.
- Volume - Blend(counterclockwise-magnetic pickups/clockwise-polar pickup) - Treble EQ - Bass EQ - Switch for Polar pickup(up-pizzicato/center-both/down position-arco)
- Truss Rod: Double rod design. Accessible at nut.
- Tuning Machines: Schaller 20:1 ratio, fully encased worm gear tuners; black finish.
- Tripod Stand: Chrome-plated steel, fully adjustable, standing tripod design. Weight 3.2 kg (7 lbs.) Standard Equiptment.
- Gig Bag: Padded tube with handle and shoulder strap, 137 cm (54") long; 18 cm (7") in diameter. Loaded weight is 8.2 kg (18 Ibs.), including stand. Fits in the overhead luggage compartment of most commercial aircraft. Standard Equiptment.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-359-9351 for availability.Weight: 20.0 lbs