Muiderman Steel String Guitars are particularly suited for finger style players, rhythm players, and flat pickers who demand extra responsiveness, a piano-like attack, and single note clarity. The guitars dynamic range affords players satisfying articulation and musical expression.
This particular instrument was custom built for an accomplished performer and professor of the classical guitar who asked the luthier to build him a steel string instrument in the body style of Hermann Hauser. Constructed with a highly figured Bearclaw Spruce Top and Brazilian Rosewood back and sides the result was an instrument with a tremendously rich voice with significant sustain. Ideal for a fingerstyle player, this guitar has excellent note separation with ample mid-range to accentuate the middle voices of your chords, adding a complexity of tone which is hard to find in just any guitar.
Barely played by the original owner given their ultimate preference for nylon strung guitars, this guitar is in excellent condition with the exception of a minor finish imperfection near the high E tuning machine. Featuring the advanced K&K Trinity pickup system, this guitar is ready to be in the hands of a performing musician.
Top- Highly Figured Bearclaw Spruce
- Back and Sides- Brazilian Rosewood
- Bridge- Brazilian Rosewood
- Fingerboard- Ebony
- Rosette- Custom Wood Marquetry
- Nut Width- 47mm
- String Spacing at Nut- 40mm
- String Spacing at 12th Fret- 49mm
- String Spacing at Saddle- 57mm
- Width at Lower Bout-14 1/2in
- Width at Upper Bout- 11in
- Width at Waist- 9 5/8in
- Body Depth- 4 1/16in
- Body Length- 19 1/4in
- Scale Length- 645mm (25 3/8in)
- Pickup System- K&K Trinity
- Case- Martin Hardshell Case
- Serial Number- 151, September 2010
- Luthier Appraisal Letter Available Upon Request