This classical guitar was hand-crafted by luthier Paul H. Jacobson in Kansas City Kansas in 1987. Featuring a beautiful, straight-grained, European Spruce top and wonderfully figured Brazilian Rosewood back, sides, bridge, and headstock veneer this is a concert players delight. This 650mm scale length guitar also features Ebony fingerboard and bindings, custom hand-crafted tuners made by David Rogers, as well as a beautifully applied French polish finish to the top.
This guitar boasts a powerful voice with strong basses and clear crisp singing trebles. Jacobson guitars are played by world renowned guitarists like William Kanengiser and Scott Tenant. This guitar represents an opportunity to own a guitar made by one of Americas premier guitar luthiers.
Please note: this guitar shows noticeable wear on the top from normal play over the past 30 years of use. No cracks or previous repairs have been done and is in otherwise great condition. For additional description details please call 1-800-359-9351 Ex. 103
- Soundboard: European Spruce
- Back and Sides: Brazilian Rosewood
- Neck: Spanish Cedar, luthier reinforced with graphite-epoxy to help resist warping
- Fingerboard: Ebony. The fingerboard has a twist-plane in the fret surface to create a treble-to-bass string height differential for maximum playing ease with minimum adjacent-fret buzzing.
- Bridge: Brazilian Rosewood
- Bandings: Ebony
- Headstock Veneer: Brazilian Rosewood
- Nut and Saddle: Bone. The saddle is custom compensated at each individual string position for accurate intonation. A 1/32 inch shim made by the luthier is included for adjusting the action but is not currently installed to allow a slightly lower string height.
- Finish: French Polish Finish applied to Top to maximize response, Lacquer Finish to Back and Sides for greater durability and tonal support
- Scale Length: 650mm
- Fingerboard Width/Nut: 50.8mm (2 in)
- Fingerboard Width/12th Fret: 60.3mm (2 3/8 in)
- Frets: Hard nickel-silver, size medium
- Fret End Treatment: Tapered End (45 degree)
- String Spacing/Nut: 41.3mm (.325in between strings)
- String Spacing/Bridge: 53.6mm (27/64in between strings)
- Body Width/Upper Bout: 11 inches
- Body Width/Lower Bout: 14.5 inches
- Body Length: 19 3/8 inches
- Body Depth: 4 inches
- Tuners: Custom hand-crafted by David Rogers
- Case: Hardshell, arched-back and lid
- Guitar Serial Number: 53
- Completion Date: May 1987