The last member of the multi-generational Bazin dynasty of bow makers, Charles Alfred Bazin (19071987) was the second son of Charles Louis Bazin (18811953), with whom he trained and began working for in 1922. Working alongside distinguished bow makers such as François and René Lotte, Louis Morizot, Marcel Lapierre, and Jean-Claude Ouchard, he contributed to the workshop's exceptionally successful business, which supplied bows for many Parisian violin shops. After an interruption in his career to serve in World War II, Alfred returned to Mirecourt to establish his own workshop in 1945, then took over his father's shop upon Louis' retirement in 1952. Preferring to work alone, Alfred reduced the size of the business and ceased to build bows for other violin shops, yet remained a highly prolific maker until his retirement in the 1980s. Alfred Bazin's bows are very highly regarded among professional string players.