Featured Violin Bow
About Samuel Allen
Samuel Allen (1838 - ca. 1914) is regarded as one of the finest and most influential English bow makers of the late 19th century. One of the first bow makers to be hired at the renowned W. E. Hill & Sons workshop in London, Allen crafted exceptional bows based on various French models, particularly François Tourte, and set the high standard of bow making that the Hill company became known for.
About This Violin Bow
Sold with a certificate of authenticity from Salchow and Sons
Samuel Allen for W.E. Hill & Sons | Octagonal | Silver and Ebony Frog and Button | 4/4
Featured Viola Bow
About Pierre-Yves Fuchs
Swiss bow maker Pierre-Yves Fuchs is one of the most celebrated bow makers working today. He studied with Stéphane Thomachot, Gilles Duhaut, Pierre Guillaume, and Benoit Rolland, and established his own workshop in 1997.
His bows are in high demand among professional players worldwide and have won numerous awards at international competitions. In the Violin Society of America competition of 2004, Fuchs received the unprecedented honor of winning four Gold Medals: one for each of his violin, viola, cello, and bass bows, and earning him the title of Hors Concours.
His bow making style is inspired by Peccatte, Maire, and Pajeot.
About This Viola Bow
Pierre-Yves Fuchs | Round | Engraved Gold and Ebony Frog and Button
Featured Cello Bow
About Prosper Colas
Prosper Colas (1842-1919) was trained in Mirecourt and worked for J. B. Vuillaume in Paris. He later established an independent shop in Paris and made bows primarily in the styles of Bazin and Vuillaume. This supple bow draws a sound that is warm and broad.
About This Cello Bow
Sold with a certificate of authenticity from Jean-Francois Raffin
Prosper Colas | Round | Nickel and Ebony Frog and Button | 4/4
- Any instrument or bow (with the exception of electric instruments, fretted instruments and "student bows") purchased at Johnson's, whether online or in our shop, comes with the same guarantees and trade-up policies.
- Any returns made within 14 days of purchase will be honored with a full refund.
- Returns must be in original condition.
- If you would like to try instruments or bows in one of our sales showrooms, please contact our sales staff to schedule an appointment.
- To schedule an appointment or for more information, please contact our Sales Department at email@example.com or by phone at 800-359-9351. Please follow the prompts for instrument and bow sales.