Purchasing an instrument
Please read about our guarantees and services below before looking at our listings. If you would like you can go directly to the
Instruments main menu.
The Johnson Guarantee
- All Johnson instruments have a one-year guarantee against defects in workmanship.
- Restoration and repairs completed at Johnson String Instrument are guaranteed for as long as the purchaser owns the instrument.
- In order to ensure the purchaser's complete satisfaction, Johnson's will exchange any instrument in original condition during the first year of purchase, regardless of the reason.
More Advantages of Purchasing from Johnson's...
- Our skilled and knowledgeable personnel have years of experience working with customers to help them find the right instrument for each player's tastes, abilities and budget.
- Our instruments are in excellent to mint condition and feature new bridges and soundposts, properly planed fingerboards, and well-fitted pegs.
- All Johnson instruments are reconditioned and adjusted to maintain the value of the instrument.
- We offer a full range of prices to accommodate the needs a wide variety of players, from the beginning student to the professional.
- Written appraisals are included with all instrument purchases.
- Johnson String Instrument will accept instruments and wooden bows previously purchased from Johnson's for trade-in from the original purchaser. Instruments and wooden bows will be credited at 100% of the original purchase price, minus a reconditioning fee. Johnson's also accepts trade-ins from the original purchaser of carbon fiber and composite bows and rental outfits in good condition; these are credited at 60% of the purchase price. Trade-in instruments or bows in need of repair will be discounted accordingly. Trade-ins can be used towards an instrument or bow, excluding consignments, of the kind that was originally purchased (violin, viola, cello, or bass) and of equal or greater value. Electric instruments and fretted instruments are not eligible for trade. Trade-in credit may not be combined with any rental equity discounts. Due to a change in the federal laws, we are no longer able to accept items with elephant ivory components in trade.
- We welcome home trials to allow the player and teacher time to assess an instrument or bow.
- We now have on-line approval for instrument and bow trials, which can be shipped anywhere in the continental United States.
- As a special bonus for our rental customers, a portion of rental fees paid may be applied toward the purchase of an instrument.*
* An instrument trade-in and rental equity may not be used together toward the purchase of one instrument, nor may equity from multiple rental accounts be combined to purchase a single instrument.